Friday, May 20, 2011

Chiropractic

Greetings all,

I recently started to go to a chiropractor. When I went to the Kundalini yoga winter solstice retreat, during the meditations I became aware that I have an imbalance on my right side. A few months later I went to a Yoga conference and they had chiropractors. I went to 2 booths there and they have this area where you stand and they measure how much weight you carry on each side. I was carrying about 12 extra pounds on my right side. This prompted to see if going to a chiropractor would help.

I am on Onespout, which is a site that basically you can subscribe to and get all the info for online coupons. Online coupons like Wag Jag or Groupon have become popular, so this site collects all the deal and makes it available in one email, which is what I like.

So I ended up getting a voucher for a chiropractor visit. The one I went to has 28 years experience and I think I got a good deal as I got an assessment and 2 treatments with this package.

I had x-rays done. I was mainly complaining how I feel certain vertebraes in my neck bother me and how I have this nuisance pain in my right shoulder. He was saying it is related to the issue in the neck as they affect various nerves in the body. He is suggesting I get treatment 3 times a week for 4 weeks and then 2 treatments for 6 weeks and then I'll be on some maintenance plan.

It was interesting seeing the x-rays and I could see how some parts of my vertebrae were a little out of alignment. I will probably want to see x-rays 6 months from now, to see if there is a real physical improvement in my spine.

No comments: