Saturday, August 29, 2009

Job Finding

Greetings all,

I had an interview on Tuesday and was notified the next day I got a job. I will be working for an insurance company. I interviewed with them before for a different position at a different location but I saw one day they had an office downtown and so applied again for some other positions. I didn't like the other location because it was a bit too north for me but I decided I wanted to work downtown so I am glad it worked out this way.

I am glad that I have a job to pay my bills but at the same time I realized that I still have more inner work to do. I have to figure out if I want to go back to school or if I want to be a professional comedian. I have to figure out what I want to do with my life and I have to think about it. There are lots of people that have jobs they like and they feel they are putting their intelligence and skills to good use. I would like to feel like that too as I feel like I am just not doing the right work for me.

Getting the call for the job was bitter sweet. I had been unemployed for so long - 1 year - and not by choice and it was starting to get to me. This recession took something from me and I wonder if I will recover. I feel I have lost something important. Maybe it's the whole Saturn Return concept I mentioned in an earlier post, I don't know.

I don't think it's fair that I've had to struggle to find work during a recession. I got laid off just before this recession happened. It is what it is but it certainly was not easy to live with. This whole year has been quite emotionally difficult so maybe the last 4 months of the year, things will pick up. Too many bad things have happened to me and it's got to turn around

1 comment:

Stephan Scharnberg said...

Congratulations! I'm happy for you that you've landed a job. Following your difficulties through your postings, I can recall the frustrations and stress of trying to get a job, years ago in my late teens and early twenties the last time we had such a big recession (circa 1981). I think, somehow you will recover from this difficult time, and what you feel you have lost, will slowly transform itself into valuable insight as to yourself and the world as you discover more of who you are, your unique capacities and abilities, and how to use your gifts to share with the world.