Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Falling Apart

Greetings all,

I am still actively looking for work and had an interview yesterday, although I do not think I was interested in the company because I couldn't understand the interviewer, who would be the future boss.

I am watching my life spiral out of control. I am doing my best but it's not good enough. I can't even seem to have luck with employment agencies because there is so much competition.

I would like to say that I'm losing my mind but I'm past that point already.

I've lost my mind and am having a hard time staying optimistic. My employment insurance is done and now all I have is my savings, which I had to buy a condo or house.

All of my dreams and hopes are going down the sink.

I'm digging deep but I keep coming up short. I've had enough and all I can say is I hope things work out. I just can't go on living and feeling this way.

I have no one to turn to. My friends can't help me find a job or figure out what direction is best to go. It's either sink or swim and it's all up to me.

Words of encouragement will have little meaning.

Everyone else is moving forward. Having babies. Getting married. Going to school.

I am just stuck and wanting to move forward.

3 comments:

Stephan Scharnberg said...

Don't worry, I'm not going to give you words of encouragement. But I do still remember being in a similar situation in 1981 the last time the economy and employment opportunities really sucked, just when I had graduated from high school. It's another reason why
I lit out for Europe to travel and learn French while working and living in Camphill Switzerland. Any hope of any normal life just looked really shitty on Vancouver Island or in Vancouver, anywhere in B.C. or Canada.

What sort of jobs are you aiming for? What are you willing to settle for, take on, just to get your foot in the employment door? Would you consider a service job
(Starbucks?) even if a lot of them are quite demeaning at times?
Just as a temporary measure, even if they might be a step or two backwards for now?

Paula said...

that sounds interesting. I am not up for travelling though. I'll have to see what comes up because I may very well have to take something like that. I am looking more for customer service, admin work as my previous job was data entry.

karlthebunny said...

Being let go, not having work, etc. really sucks.

Zelda hasn't been able to get work since Jan.

We are losing our house.

We keep in mind that we will get out of this alive. Debts will get paid off, and the US government will be over thrown...
The future is really quite bright!