Friday, November 09, 2007

My Experience with Ortho C - Part 3

Greetings and Salutations,

I got a new lens for my right eye back on October 21. My vision has improved another 0.25 diopter. I was told by Mr. Yee to start wearing my Ortho C lens one eye at a time instead of wearing them both at the same time. I believe he told me to follow this method for wearing them because my one eye is more dominant then the other. Usually everyone has a dominant eye but I used to have a lazy left eye which resulted in me having eye surgery to correct it when I was 2. So I am highly dominant in my right eye.

My right eye always used to be the one that didn't have the stronger prescription but since my early 20s, my right eye now has become the eye that has the stronger prescription.

I also ordered a pair of blue opaque contact lens to wear for regular use. I am currently just wearing clear ones. Next week I will hopefully have blue eyes. I always wanted blue eyes. When I was in high school, I debated over whether to get blue eyes or stick with my dark brown eyes. I went with clear contacts to show my natural eye colour because I thought wearing blue eyes would be like being fake and deceiving. Imagine dating someone whose eyes you were so captivated by only to realize that they were fake. It seemed to me like a form of deceiving. I believed if the eyes were the window to the soul, then I would be pretending to be someone I am not by having blue eyes.

But now that I am older, I decided I'd try them out to see what they would look like on me. And since my lens are only good for 2 weeks, it's not a major commitment. When I was in high school, I usually bought contacts that were for more long term wear so I can understand why I wouldn't want to change my eyes.

My mother doesn't like my idea but I think it will be fun.

4 comments:

karlthebunny said...

that's like getting a woman home, start making out, putting a hand on a full breast, only to discover a minute later it was a sock..

Hey, blue or brown... you don't wear the same color shirt every day do you?

Anonymous said...

You are one of very few to post information about the experience of improved vision using ortho-C lens!

Thank you!

Some elaboration of the details of your experience (including plus and minus factors) would be of added benefit to those interested in more natural alternatives to laser surgery.

As far as eye colour goes - I say trust your original assessment :)You will feel better about yourself in the long run.
To have come as far as having seen the 'deception' and then to take action which conflicts with your instinct is a step backwards. It is better to act consistently with your original assessment for a more harmonious and responsible existance :)

Austin Terando said...

Hey, I ordered John Yee's orthoculogy kit a little while ago, so I will be trying it soon as well. This post has reaffirmed my hope in this approach that I'm so unsure about. Thanks. Please continue to post updates on your improvement.

klaasdg said...

Hi, how permanent is this treatment? Is it possible to stop wearing the lenses after two months and retain the improvement?
Hope to hear from you soon.

Klaas