Monday, August 27, 2007

My Experience with Ortho C Lenses - Part 2

Greetings and Salutations,

I have been wearing my ortho c lenses for a few minutes a day up to 4 or 5 times a week. I thought these lenses were supposed to improve my vision to -4, however I was to wear them to help retain and stabilize my 2 diopter improvement.

I went yesterday for a new lens. I was only given one for my left eye. Apparently getting a new lens helps to improve both eyes. I thought that was strange but it does make sense since your eyes work together.

I did improve one line (based on the Snellan chart) and I will be receiving a prescription for -4.5 this week. It's not much of a change but at least it is something.

3 comments:

garlic said...

Hi I'm Andrei. I'm -3.0 in one eye and -3.25 in the other. I'm really interested in Ortho C because I think I can go up to 20/20 since my myopia isn't that big.

Email me any tips or advice you may have if you want. TY

love

- Andrei (andreizilla at gmail.com)

O Newhouse said...

Hi Paula,

Good going with ortho C. Thanks for sharing.

I am only beginning my journey with this method, and only in the research stage. My prescription and expectation is similar to yours.

You don't have to tell if you also have/had astigmatism, but would be helpful to know. How well did it improve, and how much better is your target?

Anonymous said...

Dear Paula,

Thanks for sharing information about John Yee in Toronto and his method Ortho C / Orthoculogy. You could be doing good for thousands of people by doing this! I see you refer us to John William Yee's website Reversing Nearsightedness at ReversingNearsightedness.com thanks for doing that. But you know, for something as important as this it would be helpful to know the contact information of the actual optical outlet in Toronto where you went (and contiue to go) to get this service. The website doesn't give this information, but for something like this it would good to know the name of a physical place.

Paula would you be kind enough to proivde the Name, Address and Phone number of this location?

Mark