Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Greetings and Salutations,

I have returned from my vacation in Vancouver. I had moments where I was stuck by the simple acts of kindness of people towards me. Some girl in my hostel who helped me with bringing my luggage to my room which also was the same room she was in (it had 16 beds) as I had 2 suitcases (one was camping gear and the other being my clothes, toiletries, etc) and it was difficult carrying both. In the second hostel I stayed in, some guy bringing up my luggage up a flight of stairs. Some woman encouraging me and offering me advice while I was doing the Grouse Grind (i.e. climbing the Grouse mountain).

For me I have spent most of my life in great fear of people who I meet and I have spent many years breaking down my walls and becoming more confident in myself. I am greatly saddened that there are still people who are mean in this world. It doesn't make sense to me but it gives me some hope to see people showing some kindness to others.

No comments: