Wednesday, August 27, 2014

I Miss Having a Boyfriend

Greetings all,

A couple of weeks ago I was dreaming about my ex. We didn't break up on happy terms and sometimes I find I pine for him. When I reflect upon the situation, I really think it boils down to yearning for a boyfriend. I don't think he was a good boyfriend and I think it's over for a reason. It's been well over a year of being single and sometimes it's hard.

Last week I was at Menchie's having frozen yogurt with a male friend and next to us a couple with a young child sat next to us. I really wish I was part of a family and had a devoted husband. It makes me sad sometimes because I don't know if it's in the cards for me. The older I get, the more I think it may not happen to me.

I broke up with my ex because I felt like he was in love with a female friend. What if I was wrong? What if it was just friendship? I still couldn't take him back because I have pride in myself. What if I was right? That would be even worse. Either way, I could never be friends with him. My pride, his crime. Either way a friendship is not possible. I guess that's how my thinking goes.

Anyways, I miss having a boyfriend and have been on a few dates. It's been pretty dry though. I try to be positive about it and hopefully one day the right man will come along.

No comments: