Saturday, November 30, 2013

Good Bye Sally

Greetings all,

This afternoon the family cat Sally has died. She was about 2 months shy of being 20. We knew her time was coming to an end. I wasn't planning on visiting my family in Hamilton this weekend because I had things planned as I had a yoga workshop and planned to study but my mother told me that Sally didn't eat today or last night and I knew that meant she didn't have much time to live. I took the bus to Hamilton and I saw that she was lying down but she looked exhausted and like she was dying. I started to cry and lay down beside her, holding her front paws. I spent some time with her and we thought she died for a moment but then I noticed she was still breathing but she didn't have much energy and her eyes weren't really focused. She also was twitching a lot.

I placed her on my chest because I wanted to hold her one last time. I went to lay on my parent's bed and let her lie on me. I told her how much I loved her and what she brought to the family with her sweetness and presence and how much she meant to me. I continued to hold her and then she stretched and looked at me. I was a little freaked out by her sudden movement. I had my mother pick her up and we placed her back in her box. After about 3 hours of my being there, she passed away. I am very sad and will miss her presence. I love you Sally and you are my fur angel.

I'm going to miss kissing her and holding her and smelling the outside of her ears. Rest in peace my angel!


No comments: