Sunday, August 21, 2011

Back into Dating

Greetings all,

I recently have been dating someone who is in my introvert meetup group. I said in a previous post (Friends with Benefits) that I was lusting for this guy and so we actually started to date. He's taken me out for dinner and has cooked for me. I was a little skeptical about going after him but I've been lusting for him for a while and it didn't seem to go away.

He's a little out of my age range as he's 10 years older then me. He also is divorced and has a 10 year old son. I dated a man back when I was 23 who was separated and had the kids full time so I didn't want to get involved with someone that has been married, mainly because they have more baggage to deal with.

I thought I'd give him a chance but I'm taking it slow for now. Our group had a few barbecues at his place and he'd pick me up at the subway station (as he's in the suburbs of Toronto). I really liked his eyes so that was a selling point for me.

It's nice to be dating someone and having them touch you and be with you physically. I fell hard for someone who lived in England and even though we never were in a relationship (did meet once), I had a hard time getting over him because I felt we were so compatible and I thought it was possible to overcome the distance.

My attitude is to just take it one day at a time and see where it goes. I don't know if he is Mr. Right but I'll just enjoy the time of dating. He will be the first guy I date from meetup. Meetup is for socializing and so I didn't really want to use it to date people since I think it's for socializing but you know sometimes when people hang out more they become attracted to people and date. It is inevitable that some romance blooms.

I actually went to one meetup on Friday and some guy in the introvert group, whom I only met once, actually asked me out on a date. I was wearing a skirt as I am trying to be more feminine. It's really hard because it's not my style as I prefer shorts and pants and jeans so maybe dressing up makes me attractive to men.

I know for me, I was tired of doing the online dating thing. I honestly felt like the universe was cock blocking me because it seemed like things just weren't clicking for me and dating was a chore. It's nice to meet someone in person so we'll see where this goes.

No comments: