Friday, June 10, 2005

Rant

One expression that I hear people routinely use is that "This is my personal truth".
And anytime people use the word truth, they generally use it in a pompous way.
There is no such thing as 'personal truth'. You may have a personal experience, an experience maybe truth for you subjectively but you don't have personal truth. Truth by definition is objective, it can't be something exclusive and personal.
People who routinely use this "this is my personal truth", go pick up Rudolf Steiner's Philosophy of Freedom (aka Intuitive Thinking as Spiritual Activity) or his book Truth and Knowledge or go just pick up a book by any philosopher that talks about truth so that you can hurt your brain and get over your little egotistical self when you talk about "personal truth".
I don't object to people saying this is my personal experience because hey, that is an accurate statement. You can also say my subjective experience or based on my limited experiences (because after all we are not all knowing and have not experienced everything there is to experience.)
I am starting to chill now so my rant energy is dissapating.
I think people that tend to use the word truth the most are the ones who know and live truthfully the least.

No comments: